PIECE REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
Yes! We can replace any lost or "puppy chewed" pieces. Since all our puzzles are handcut, no 2 pieces are exactly alike. For this reason, we can't just send you a replacement piece based on just knowing which piece it is.
Here are your piece replacement instructions;
1. Arrange the pieces (around the hole of the missing piece) so that they are in their right places, but pushed ever-so-slightly towards the hole of the missing piece. Tape these surrounding pieces down with scotch tape.
2. Lay a piece of paper over the hole of the missing piece. Tape this paper down with scotch tape.
3. Using your thumb, gently rub the inside corner of the edge of the missing pieces hole until you see a slight indentation indicating the full border of the hole.
4. Following the indentation you just made, rub along this indented line with the side of a sharp pencil lead in such a way that a very sharp definition of the whole border of the missing piece is evident. (There's a way to do it so that your rubbing looks like a drawing of the hole...Try it a few times until you "get the touch". Remember that the better the pencil rubbing, the better the replacement piece will fit!)
5. Send this rubbing, your name address & phone number, along with $4 per replacement piece.
*In addition to this rubbing, please tell us these things;
6. Tell us if the piece is from a puzzle with a child's name or a puzzle without a name.
7. If the piece is a letter from a name puzzle, tell us the name on the puzzle and the design that the name is coupled with. (This will help us in determining the color of the letter piece.)
8. One last request; Please tell us if the piece had a peg in it or not.
We'll get your piece back to you as soon as we can!
-Marvin and Margaret
Email: use "Contact us" link
Phone: (541) 758-3897 (11am+)
Send the pencil rubbing, your name address and phone number + $4 per replacement piece to;
P.O. Box 778
Corvallis, Oregon 97339